Christmas can be a magical time of year, and this year take the opportunity to make it even more magical by making it more home-made. Replacing shop-bought with home-made is not only more environmentally-friendly, but it also gives us more of a chance to relish the scents and smells of the festive season. It also gives us a wonderful opportunity to spend precious time together with our loved ones.
Here are some suggestions for things you can make and do with your family and friends:
- Make Your Own Christmas Wreath
- Get into the mood by reading about Festive Baking
- Make these Edible Gifts
- Make your Own Decorations
- Make some Mulled Cider
- Visit our Tallis Tribe Christmas page for more brilliant ideas!
Tallis Eco Christmas Guide
Other Ways to be Green at Christmas
- Buy green gifts from the Tallis Tribe of local, sustainable brands.
- Give experiences instead things. See our wellness and sustainable lifestyle experiences and coaching giftable sessions and courses.
- Make your tree an eco tree - either buy local or rent a living tree. (Ecosapin in Switzerland or Tree Hugger UK).
- Buy your food from local producers and choose organic where possible.
- Turn the heating down.
- Take the bus or train, car pool or walk where possible.
- Reduce waste:
- Choose toys and gifts with minimal packaging.
- Use recyclable or homemade wrapping paper.
- Compost fruit and veg peelings.
- Make the most of leftovers.
- Use re-useable food coverings like beeswax wraps.
- Use re-useable bags for shopping, such as these recycled bags.
- Use a soda maker for sparkling water and drinks
Giftable Experiences from Tallis and Balanced Healing