While many of us find ourselves staying put this summer, it's more important than ever to make the most of where we find ourselves. Often we overlook the events and places to visit that are right on our doorstep.
So here are a few ideas of what you can do to take a break from the norm and help you to relax this summer:
- Visit an art gallery
- Visit an open garden
- View an outdoor play or musical performance
- Go camping
- Go for a nature walk
- Watch a sunrise or sunset
- Try a new activity - fly a kite, learn to play golf or tennis, learn to climb, have a go at archery
- Take part in a local clean-up project
- Take part in local workshops to learn new skills - art, gardening, cooking or floristry
These are just a few ideas but there is so much more to discover when we have more time to think about it. And this summer may be just that time!